I thought it was time to try some different techniques and push myself a little further into the abyss of photoshop...
I chose this image because I thought the silhouette was quite striking and could create some interesting patterns
I chose this image because I thought the silhouette was quite striking and could create some interesting patterns
I added a cut out filter over the image to help define the the silhouette ease of cutting out
Using the magnetic lasso tool I carefully cut the flower out
I cropped and flipped the bird of paradise image 4 times reflecting the image over the axis
I then cropped an interesting section of the above motif and cropped it into a circle because I didn't think the flower petals crossing over was really working and my friend so kindly pointed out the centre section look like female genitalia. :s
I defined my circles as a pattern and put it into repeat
I then overlayed
a duplicate layer and added a sketch filter. Making both layers
visible (with the coloured layer on top) and using the magic tool, I
selected colours and removed sections allowing the sketch to show
through.
Finished product! I think it looks great and I can really imagine it applied to fabric for textile garments. I think that it is still a little simple to be my final print and also it does not really resonate with me as being inspired by a bird of paradise.








