I thought I would trying to combine and build up my individual motifs and repeats to see if I could get some interesting background possibilities...
I overlayed my busy 6-point star half drop with my fist symmetrical motif but combining the designs in colour was too much and just looked gross. so before abandoning mission I playing a bit with adjustments, filters and then thresholds which did two things;
1. had some potential to eventually turn into an interesting background
2. showed how unaligned the two layers were and made me realise I needed to re-do them using guides and rulers...
This time I aligned them and this definitely improved the overall aesthetics of the print.
This time I changed the levels, darkening the the whole design which I think improved it further although it still was not really working for me
This next one was another attempt at trying to create some sort of background print. I put my original flower motif I really liked into a smaller repeat.
I then made multiple repeats and layered them on top of each other, plaing with the opacity and fill until all repeats were visible.
I'm not sure if it is just the nature of layering tiny detailed repeats but I don't really think this resulted in a cohesive pattern and it is a little tiring to look at.


