Time to finish off and accessorize!
The accessory was pretty fun, and it was cool to be able to attack it with a plethora of new techniques to try out!
Initially the leather trim was a little daunting but then I had a light bulb moment to make a pattern brush of the design which made the whole process so much easier!
To add the finishing touches to my tech sketches involved adding drop shadows (in some cases I had to re trace the outlines- fill with white- multiply then add shadowing) but mostly I found it a really quick and easy trick to give my sketches a professional touch.
I also tried out gradient lines and grey area fills which were all gave different effects.
Layout was aided muchly with the use of GUIDES!
At first I was all like nah, thats wayy to much effort... But then I used them on one layout and was all like THESE ARE THE GREATEST THING EVER!
I used that one initial one as a template for the rest :)