After sifting through numerous fashion/style blogs it's becoming pretty
clear which blogs I like and which are getting the axe after a quick
skim over.
Good =
- Blogs with a balance of both images AND text. For example I enjoy scrolling through a series of photographs but at some point I like to read a bit of either a description of what I'm looking at (what are they, where are they from...) or maybe just the bloggers opinion or why they found it inspiring?
- I like looking at anything and everything that influences and inspires a blogger, be it colour combinations, high fashion, travel images, interior decorations or even spontaneous shots of interesting street fashions.
- Blogs that are that little bit ahead of the game and have something new and different happening with their looks and pieces.
- Interesting photo angles, film photography.
- Basically blogs that don't just post what everyone else is. I want to source my inspiration from new and 'original' ideas.
Bad =
- Too many unexplained photos, I like to know why they chose the images they posted and what they mean to them.
- Blogs that are pretty much just a lookbook of girls trying to show off every cool outfit they own. Harsh I know, but it's just not my thing.
ok so here a few blogs that fit my criteria!
advanced style
Advanced style is wonderful and definitely the best blog I have stumbled across so far. Ari Seth Cohen roams the streets of New York looking for
the most stylish and creative older folks. He believes these ladies and gentlemen have a thing or two to teach us about not only how to put together a sweet ensemble but also about living life to the fullest. Advanced Style offers proof from the wise and silver-haired street dwellers of NY
that personal style advances with age.
cakeface
Cakeface is a really fun and quirky blog. It is a real mix of personal fashion inspirations, general design interest, snapshots of different events she attends plus more. I get the feeling Tania's life revolves around fashion so this blog pretty much encompasses all aspect of her life.
This is how Tania Dee describes herself through her blog and I dont think I could have put it better myself...
"Flocking from the past - to live in the future. Taking too many pictures
along the way, sometimes of a door or the sky, because looking up and
through is better than looking down and back. Never to be caught without a slick of red lipstick, a
peroxided blonde bob, my moleskine notepad and a camera. Sometimes this
makes sense, and sometimes it doesn't - but isn't that always the case?
le happy
Le Happy is a fashion blog showcasing Lua P's extensive and desirable wardrobe. Her look is somewhat unique and her style is distinctly 80's grunge.
I love the fact that both Lua and myself sport black creepers which makes me feel just a little bit groovy.
lust for life
Lust for life by Olivia Lopez is something to aspire to. Olivia is a 19 year old student/vintage shop owner Southern Californian who seems to have it all going on. She's got style, attends fashion worthy events and has what seems like a never ending wardrobe!
